On Feb 12 edition of The Hindu, I came across the article titled 'I have acceptedmy omission'. After reading the article , I hold the opinion that it was not judicious
to exclude Ganguly from the ODI team in the current Tri-Nation Series in Australia.I am very happy with the performance of the Indian Cricket Team in the test series
against the mighty Australians.In the one day matches, the team is delivering its best by defeating Australia.
The recent loss of the India to Sri Lanka hasn't disheartened me because I know that India will certainly recover its loss. All that bothers me is the absence of
Ganguly in the squad. India set a competitive target of 195 in 29 overs to Sri Lanka which I felt was a very difficult target to chase.The bowlers are not the only ones to be blamed for their poor performance.I believe the presence of Ganguly could have made a difference. I am not against the promotion of young players in the team.But all I want to say that had Dhoni taken some tips from Ganguly in the field, the situation would have been different. Dhoni is not as experienced as Ponting or Ganguly or Stephen Fleming.
So the presence of an experienced captain in the team is a must. Also Ganguly was not at the worst of his form. He played really well in the past series against Australia and Pakistan. It would have been better if Ganguly could replace Yuvraj(who is not at the best of his form).
No comments:
Post a Comment